Selecting Profitable Keywords
Keyword research is undoubtedly one of the most important aspects to consider when setting up your own online home business.
If you don’t target your keyword phrases effectively then you will be wasting both time and effort, performing tasks that will never pay off no matter how hard you try. At best you will be putting a lot more work in that you would do with a better selection of phrases.
Here are some points to consider when conducting your keyword research:
1. Consider Which Tools You are Going to Use – There are many free online tools you can utilize to help you select your keyword phrases. Google’s keyword tool is one of numerous free options you can use.
Save any you find to your favourites folders for easy and frequent access.
Buying software like Keyword Elite or a monthly keyword research subscription service such as Word Tracker, will undoubtedly make your job so much easier and is an option for those setting out on a serious campaign. Don’t go over budget though. You are advised to use the free tools until such times as you can afford the more professional options.
2. What Key Phrases are You Going to Target? – If you have very few resources available and are new to online marketing then it is advisable that you target ‘long tail’ keyword phrases. These are keyword phrases with 3-5 words, which are a lot less competitive and easier to attain top rankings in the search engines.
3. Use a Variety of Keyword Phrases for Each Campaign – Are you using the keywords in your website content or are they primarily for backlinking text?
Hint: Find two or three less competitive keyword phrases for each target market and use these to create backlinks through article submissions. Then, take ten different variations of these keyword phrases and use them in your website content.
4. Target ‘Buyer’ Keyword Phrases – Obviously the main aim of keyword research is to find profitable keywords. How can we do that? One effective way to target buyers and also find less competitive search terms is to find keyword phrases that contain certain words like, ‘buy’ as in ‘buy keyword research tool’.
5. Find Untapped Markets – Many of your competitors will be targeting all the same keyword phrases. This is where they fall down. Find obscure phrases that your target are already searching for and go after these by specifically writing articles based on these – to achieve better or top search engine rankings. One good way to do this is by scanning your current website visitors and finding the keyword terms that sent them to your site.
Keyword research is only a beginning in building a profitable online business but it is an aspect of your marketing that cannot be overlooked. Effective keyword research is essential to ensure your business becomes a huge success and not a dismal failure.
“Let Me Know How I Can Help You Get Started Today”
Republished by Blog Post Promoter